Monday, May 18, 2009

I dont know what to title this


I just got hit over the head with the idea..... I'm leaving my best friend in 5 days. And the crazy thing is i have no idea when we'll see each other again. It could be mid summer, or in Conway again next year, or Christmas, but still it's unknown. This seems so surreal.

I came up here to Conway, Arkansas not expecting to meet anyone who had the same passions or likes as me, or even the same kind of thinking sometimes, and then God just said here you go. And put this guy named August in my life and it scared me quite honestly. What was i supposed to do? I had never been friends with guy before, other than just hanging out periodically and doing stupid stuff. I now had a friend who was more like a brother than my own brothers. Who could give me wisdom and wasn't wrapped up in his own ego. A guy who was desperately chasing after God and held me to the same standard. I was panicking.
But here i am, 9 months later and still freaked out that i now have the brother i do in August. But just cause our ways are splitting for a time, our friendship will continue.

I don't know what's gonna happen though, i've never been in this situation before. It's all new and interesting. Hmmmm We'll live and learn

[_] *

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jonathan and David...they come to mind when I think of how God has brought you two together. So different yet so perfectly fit for the covenant anointing that is on you.

Thanks for being my brothers. I treasure you guys more than I can tell you. Whatever God has planned for you will change the world. Without question.

R.E.V.O.L.U.T.I.O.N


There is a place where the sidewalk ends
And before the street begins,
And there the grass grows soft and white,
And there the sun burns crimson bright,
And there the moon-bird rests from his flight
To cool in the peppermint wind.

Let us leave this place where the smoke blows black
And the dark street winds and bends.
Past the pits where the asphalt flowers grow
We shall walk with a walk that is measured and slow,
And watch where the chalk-white arrows go
To the place where the sidewalk ends.

Yes we'll walk with a walk that is measure and slow,
And we'll go where the chalk-white arrows go,
For the children, they mark, and the children, they know
The place where the sidewalk ends.

Rebecca said...

This is sweet.
I guess you'll both just have to come back to Conway next year. It seems the only thing to do...

callie alise said...

hmm.. i think i'll ditto what becca said....

aaand, i'm gonna go ahead and ditto the shel silverstein poem amber posted as well.. just because :)

i'm so glad the two of you found yourselves in conway this year.. if there is one thing i know about this town.. it is that when God calls people here, it is for a very good reason.. and so whatever comes with next year for the two of you.. either separately or together.. i know that God already has.. and will continue on in the future to use the friendship he has formed with you guys for His own glory.. it is, indeed, an admirable one..

with that said... i really hope to see you both in the fall :)

indian.paintbrush said...

"Do a favor and win a friend forever;
nothing can untie that bond." - Proverbs 18:19

"Receiving a gift (friendship) is like getting a rare gemstone; any way you look at it, you see beauty refracted." - Proverbs 17:8


p.s. i'm loving the dress, very flattering.